Small Business CPA Rock Star | Great opportunity for Growth
Join a small team striving to improve the lives of small business owners. Grow yours skills with a variety of work.
Bolster your career with two experienced mentors with a chance of ownership. Work with fun, appreciative and dynamic clients.
Do you want more opportunities with a small firm? Are you confident, reliable, practical and curious? Do you want challenging work but still have a life?
If so keep reading…
Here are a few requirements…
- Have 3 or more years working experience
- Ability to be practical in a technical complex world.
- Quick learner working toward constant improvement.
- Desire to use your accounting, tax and financial knowledge to help small business owners
- Great at meeting deadlines.
We are a specialized future focused accounting firm, looking for a dynamic CPA who is efficient, motivated, self-directed, resourceful and results oriented.
We want an almost full time (30 to 50 hours per week) long-term CPA who is passionate about taxes and accounting. They will provide tax support to the small business clients we serve. Responsibilities include:
- Closing financial records
- Tax preparation for individuals and businesses.
- Sales & Use tax, payroll and other tax projects and research
- Advise business owners on tax obligations and other start up challenges
Here is a short list of other “must-haves” that you should possess to apply for this position:
- Be extraordinarily organized – you must be able to follow and help refine our processes to provide consistent high quality results. Document results to meet tax authority standards.
- Have excellent and professional communication skills – respond professionally in person, on the phone and via email to people who value but don’t understand what we do. Handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and good judgement.
- Be curious, proactive and resourceful – you must be able to assist clients to identify, prioritize and resolve tax, accounting and finance issues. Research to find additional resources.
Are we a good fit so far?…..IF YES, keep reading….
Very helpful if you have some of the following experience: tutoring, QuickBooks experience or worked as a member of an accounting department, tax return preparation
Do you also possess these qualities below?
- Team and /or leadership experience – ability to deliver results. Experience of pitching in whenever it is needed and have a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Customer service experience – understand what it takes to maintain high levels of service and personal organization to maintain those standards.
What’s In It For You?!?!
Working with FOCUS CPA will allow you time to have a life and do challenging work. The business is setup to prevent staff burnout during tax season. We balance technology and people skills for efficiency and personal service. No 60 hour work weeks. Fridays off – except tax time. Work with great clients and great staff. Potential for business ownership.
If you see yourself as a candidate here’s a few details
Location – Green Bay, WI
Compensation / lifestyle / benefits:
- 30 to 50 hours per week, depending on the time of year, 1850 hours annually
- Monday through Thursday between 8 and 5. Fridays off as work permits
- 1 week paid vacation after 6 months, 2 weeks after full year
- Potential for time off without pay
- Health insurance, retirement plan
- Licenses & continuing education paid for
- $50,000 to $75,000 depending on experience
PS. If you have experience with Microsoft office, QuickBooks desktop, online and enterprise, tax software please note that in your submission.