Having an Attitude of Gratitude…
Do you have a list of your blessings? Is your glass half-full or half empty? Do you focus on what you do not have or what you do have?
We are what we think about! Our thoughts create our reality of the world we live in. If we are paranoid and think everyone is out to get us – that is all we will see. We will miss out on the joys and be prepared to expect the hurt. However If we are trusting and expect the good in people we contact – again that is all we will see. We will find the joy and will be caught off guard with the hurt. We each create our own reality.
It is all in the way you look at things. So focus on the good and all you will see is the good!
Here are eight ways to show your attitude of gratitude at work.
- Say thank you to the person who made coffee that morning or who stocks the refrigerator with soda and water. They made someone’s live a little better today.
- Say thank you to the person at the front desk who blocks the unwanted visitors or phone calls.
- Say thank you to the person who unlocks the doors every morning.
- Say thank you to the person who empties your wastebasket.
- Be thankful that your internet service is working today.
- Be thankful that your virus software is working and so can you.
- Be thankful that you had hot water this morning for your shower.
- Be thankful that the building has heat. It is only 28 degrees outside right now.
What are you grateful for today?