As Thanksgiving approaches, I focus on the things that I am thankful for –
- As for my career, I am in the right place for me. I love the challenge!
- I cherish the clients I serve, for the problems they bring to me to solve.
- I value the team that works with me to serve our clients
- I cherish a good night’s sleep and my health
- I am thankful for the 20 plus wonderful years that I have been married to Steve.
I have made being thankful an all year round task. Every morning I write down three things I am grateful for and three more things that I appreciate. It starts my day focusing on the good things in my life. I find that when life is going great it’s very easy to take things for granted and when I see trouble it is way too easy to whine and complain about what I don’t have.
Recently James moved to Texas. He invited us down for Christmas. I don’t expect snow. However now that both of my boys moved south – I cherish the crazy weather in Wisconsin. When the boys moved to Arizona, my first visit was in June. The temperature was 115 degrees outside. It felt like I was baking in an oven. I missed the cooler temperatures of Wisconsin. I also missed the color green – the green grass, lush farm fields and evergreen trees. Both I have taken for granted many, many years. It seems to truly appreciate what I have – I need to lose it for a little while.
Thank you for reading my newsletter. I appreciate the comments I received for the years.
Appreciate what you have. Happy Thanksgiving!